Re: [Exim] relay from local users

Author: Phil Brutsche
To: Andre Grueneberg
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] relay from local users

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to allow users (with changing IP addresses) that are listed in
> /etc/passwd (optionally PAM) to relay over an Exim MTA.
> I've set
> sender_address_relay = user1@domain : user1@*.domain ...
> relay_match_host_or_sender = true
> [I know, it's a spam leak]

Try

sender_address_relay = *@domain1 : *@domain2

for each domain you want exim to relay for. Note that I haven't tried
that as I prefer to authenticate via PAM because of the spam reason you
just mentioned :)

> but with an increasing number of users this isn't easy, even using a
> file/dbm lookup.
> Optimally I'd like to say something like <all users with UID > 1000>.
>
> Will I have to use a perl lookup or how can I lookup the /etc/passwd?

Configure exim to authenticate via PAM.

If you must check the UID numbers you probably won't even need perl -
sample configuration #C034 (from http://www.exim.org/FAQ.html#SEC318) has
an example you can follow to get information out of the fields in
/etc/passwd.

- --
Phil Brutsche                    pbrutsch@???

GPG fingerprint: 9BF9 D84C 37D0 4FA7 1F2D 7E5E FD94 D264 50DE 1CFC
GPG key id: 50DE1CFC
GPG public key: http://tux.creighton.edu/~pbrutsch/gpg-public-key.asc