Re: [Exim] using dbdns lookup

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: emf
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] using dbdns lookup
On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, emf wrote:

> I've made dns records look like this:
>
> lists A   192.168.1.1
>    TXT "username"
>    MX  lists

It that's literally true, you've missed the preference out of the MX
record.

> then I try to use the mailing list instructions, modified like this (for
> example):
>
> /home/${lookup dnsdb {$domain}{$value}fail}/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd
> ${lc:$local_part}
>
> I am currently getting this error:
>
> request_transport transport failed: missing lookup type
>
> Does this mean that my exim (3.12, with debian) was not compiled with the
> dnsdb lookup, or am I doing something syntactically incorrect?

That is odd, because 'missing lookup type' should be given only if
${lookup is followed by something that is not a letter. You should get
'unknown lookup type' if you try to use a type that is not included.

Try running 'exim -be' and test some expansions. For example:

exim -be '${lookup dnsdb {$domain}{$value}fail}'