[Exim] Wait before connection

Autor: Norihisa Washitake
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Wait before connection
Hi, all.

I'm using exim on my server, but the time before connection is too
long. I found this kind of problem in the archive, but it was no
help. Let me ask here again.

When I use telnet on port 25 through internet (i.e. not locally), I
have to wait about 30 seconds before the server respondes: "220
mail.gens.co.jp ESMTP Exim...." On other ports like 22 (SSH), I
don't have to wait.

What do you think the problem is?

DNS lookup? ... is working well (already tried with -bh option).
Database is too heavy? ... no databases are working with exim.

---
Norihisa Washitake <wassy@???>