Re: [Exim] courier imap, exim & userdb

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Friso Kuipers
To: Exim Users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] courier imap, exim & userdb
On 16 Apr, Phil Pennock wrote:

> On 2001-04-15 at 18:58 +0200, Friso Kuipers gifted us with:
>> That's my setup you trying to use. Works perfectly, providing courier
>> and exim use the SAME database library, in your case the Berkeley db
>> version 1, it seems by the error. If so, you can try the undocumented
>> (secret?) lookup 'dbmnz' in stead of 'dbm'. This lookup strips the
>> terminating 0 exim adds to lookup parts and courier doesn't use.
>
> It's not undocumented. It's not secret. Well, we don't tell Americans
> about it, but other than that, it's not secret.
>
> Have you looked at the Exim Specification at all? An HTML version is
> online at <http://www.exim.org/>, or there's a plain-text version which
> ships as part of the Exim distribution, doc/spec.txt -- this is
> excellent documentation. If you haven't read it, how can you be making
> comments about features being undocumented and perhaps secret?
>
> Section 6, File And Database Lookups. Read it. Particularly the second
> item in the list in 6.1 ("Single-key lookup types"):
>
>  .   "dbm": Calls to DBM library functions are used to extract data from the
>      given DBM file by looking up the record with the given key. The
>      terminating binary zero is included in the key that is passed to the DBM
>      library. There is a variant called "dbmnz" which does not include the
>      terminating binary zero in the key.

> It's mentioned again in 53.5, "Making DBM files".

Not in spec.txt on the computer I write this from. But I just
established that the file is two years old, so it probably belongs to
the exim 2.12 that is running on this machine! I see now it's indeed
mentioned in the docs on an other computer running 3.22.

Point is, dbmnz is needed to do Courier-Imap database lookups, which is
not obvious.

Mazzel,
FK