Re: [Exim] courier imap, exim & userdb

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Friso Kuipers
A: miki
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] courier imap, exim & userdb
On 15 Apr, Ben-Nes Michael wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Any one using exim with courier imap and userdb.dat ?
>
> Can any one tell me what driver should i use ? ( smartuser, appenfile )
>
> I tried this director which i found in the archives with the next error
> :
>
> failed to open /etc/userdb.dat as a db (v1) file: Invalid argument
>
> vmail_smartlist:
>     driver = smartuser
>     local_parts = dbm;/etc/userdb.dat
>     home_directory = "${if match{${extract{3}{|}\
>         {${local_part_data}}}}{^mail=(.+)\\$}{$1}fail}"
>     transport = vmail_delivery
> --

That's my setup you trying to use. Works perfectly, providing courier
and exim use the SAME database library, in your case the Berkeley db
version 1, it seems by the error. If so, you can try the undocumented
(secret?) lookup 'dbmnz' in stead of 'dbm'. This lookup strips the
terminating 0 exim adds to lookup parts and courier doesn't use.

I run this setup with native GDBM but it should work with native DB and
TDB, too. Maybe even with the NDBM emulation.

Regards,
Friso Kuipers.