Re: [Exim] Re: I don't understand this from the doc

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc & Shire.Net LLC
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: I don't understand this from the doc
On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc & Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> host_reject_recipients = *.bay9.com : 216.126.9.43 : norm.xenos-systems.net
>

> I start getting ALL hosts that fail a reverse lookup from working... I get

See also Q0809 in the FAQ.

Exim processes the list from left to right. In order to test *.bay9.com
it has to find a host name from the IP address. If it can't find a host
name, it takes a hard line. If you want it to accept hosts without a
reverse lookup, use +allow_unknown. Personally, I think that's
dangerous.

Oh, and you should put *.bay9.com last, not first. Then it will allow
the IP address without doing a reverse lookup, and it will check the
complete host name by doing a forward lookup. All before it tries the
reverse lookup.