[Exim] I don't understand this from the doc

Autor: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc & Shire.Net LLC
A: exim-users
CC: chad
Assumpte: [Exim] I don't understand this from the doc
In reading the current Exim docs from exim.org I read the following:

"Exim rejects incoming SMTP calls from any host that matches host_reject.
For example:

host_reject = ! xxx.yy.zz : *.yy.zz : ! *.zz

rejects mail from any host outside the zz domain, and all hosts in the
yy.zz domain, except for xx.yy.zz. The use of wildcarded names implies a
reverse DNS lookup of the incoming IP address. This can be avoided by using
IP addresses. See section 7.13 for details.
"

Why does this "reject mail from any host outside the zz domain"? It looks
to me to reject nothing except *.yy.zz . It does a NOT xx.yy.zz, reject
all *.yy.zz, and then a NOT on *.zz. That last one I don't understand.
Please help me understand this.

Thanks
Chad

Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
Web and Macintosh Consulting -- full service web hosting
Chad Leigh
chad@???            chad@???