[Exim] authentication

Autor: webmaster
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] authentication
Exim Users:

I am writing you because I am using Exim 3.12 on a Red Hat 6.2 Linux
distribution in which I have installed Exim from a rpm. I would like to
configure Exim with a "auth_cram_md5=yes" "auth_plaintext=no" configuration.
However the 3.12 rpm downloaded from Red Hat's site does no appear to have
the above options embedded in the configuration. Also I have tried to
upgrade to the latest Exim rpm which is 3.22 but after installing and
attempting to restart the Exim package I receive a error stating "hung".

I would like to know two things:

1. Is there a way to enable the "auth_cram_md5=yes" "auth_plaintext=no"
feature with out having to compile a tar ball (most tar ball's do not come
with a uninstall script which makes them undesirable).

2. Is there a stable and recent rpm for the 6.2 distribution (above 3.12)

Please let me know via email webmaster@???.

Sulaiman