Re: [Exim] forcing uid for a check

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Vladimir Ivaschenko
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] forcing uid for a check
On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Vladimir Ivaschenko wrote:

> As I wrote, currently I do "require_files" in smartuser director and exim
> fails when exim_user is not root. So, what do I need to do to go around this
> problem? Is it possible to solve it?

(1) When Exim is receiving a message, it is not root and it cannot become
root. Consequently, if you are using your smartuser director for sender
or receiver verification while receiving a message (i.e. you have
sender_verify or receiver_verify set), the require_files option won't
work.

(2) When Exim is delivering a message, it has retained privilege (in
order to do local deliveries). In this case, it *can* change uid in
order to do require_files. You can ask it to do so by writing

require_files = uid:/some/file/name

So, the answer to your question is: "yes" when delivering, but "no" if
you are using the director for verification. If you do not need the
director for verification, you can add no_verify to it, and it will be
skipped when verifying.