Re: [Exim] Odd mail rejecting

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: towster
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Odd mail rejecting
towster@??? said:
> I have noticed some odd mail rejections happening to me using exim.
> The bounces are showing that the user does not exist (but the user
> does). If anyone has any suggestions can they please email me and let
> me know. Thx.

... while talking to home.towster.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<robert@???>

<<< 550 relaying to <robert@???> prohibited by
administrator
550 <robert@???>... User unknown

Exim says you do not have authority to relay to home.towster.com (which
is not a local domain from the config frag you gave). The *sending*
MTA then rather stupidly assumes that the reason for failure is user
unknown.

I guess you either need to add home.towster.com to your local domains
OR allow mails to that domain be relayed. Looking at your DNS config I
would say the correctly solution is to add home.towster.com to
lcoal_domains and maybe rewrite it too.

    Nigel.