Re: [Exim] [OT] Minimal SMTP-speaker for mail submission?

Autor: Yann Golanski
A: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] [OT] Minimal SMTP-speaker for mail submission?
On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 11:07:43PM +0200, Phil Pennock wrote:
> I want to improve the way that we do some stuff inside chroot areas of
> some web-servers. At present, we just dump copies of Exim into the
> area. Since Exim is setuid root, this .. worries me slightly. Why is
> Exim there? For message submission.

Exim can run as a totaly unpriviledge user. If you run *BSD, you can use
a jail. Exim security is excelent.

Otherwise, it's a 200 lines of C job to write a simple MTA. Hell, there
are perl modules that do it!

--
                         www.kierun.org
Yann@???                                Use Pretty Good Privacy.