Re: [Exim] dynamically selecting transport

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Hans-Peter Zahno
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] dynamically selecting transport
On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Hans-Peter Zahno wrote:

> I'm setting up exim 3.22 on Solaris 8 and experimenting with
> a director which selects the transport dynamically. I'm doing
> this by doing an LDAP-query for 'transport' attribute, which
> works fine!
> In case my LDAP-Server returns me some bad data, which expands
> in a transport name which is not defined, then exim panics with
> the following message in the paniclog:
>
> 2001-04-10 11:03:28 Exim configuration error
> tr_g_user transport, referred to in line 621, was not found
>
> Is there a mechanism which allows me to trap this event and let's
> say instead of panic to simply freeze the message and continue
> working. Or to define some sort of "panic_transport" ?

If Exim cannot find a dynamic transport, it should just defer delivery.

That error message happens when Exim reads the configuration file,
before it does any LDAP lookups or anything. You can tell that because
it says "Exim configuration error". So the problem is not exactly as you
described it. What are the lines around 621 in your configuration?