Re: [Exim] Two questions (related)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Two questions (related)
Phil Pennock rearranged electrons thusly:

I wrote:

> > fetchmail&
> > /usr/sbin/sendmail -q&

> I'm confused. Why are you starting fetchmail in the background? If
> there's one large mail, the sendmail will exit, mailq will show nothing,

that is one problem which hasn't cropped up yet - I was trying to speed things
up, sort of (dialups are rather expensive in India)

> Concurrent processes -- no guaranteed execution order, no guaranteed
> ordering to their actions, unless explicitly arranged, etc etc.

Right.

> #!/bin/sh
> fetchmail -s &
> fetchpid=$!

Will test and write back. thanks - sounds quite feasible.

> Or, if you're happy with having multiple MTA queue-runners, background
> the "sendmail -q" and then stick a "wait" at the end of the script.
> Since "wait" without arguments waits for all jobs to finish, this could
> be used with the version you provided which was modified from the
> Postfix FAQ too.

This sounds like the best option to me.

Thanks, Phil.

    -suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <--> mallet <at> efn <dot> org