RE: [Exim] Does exim support any/all of there functions ?

Autor: Hayling, David
A: Garry Glendown
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Does exim support any/all of there functions ?
> > - not really required: denying mails with certain attachments'
> > extensions (should be solved through virus scanner IMO)
>
> To some extent - exim does not understand MIME. There is a system
> filter which does this to a limited degree... its been pretty
> effective
> so far though.

Garry,

In addition to a system filter like http://www.exim.org/index.html

Have a look at http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/ which is a virus
scanning solution for email that I thought looked quite good. Its by Julian
Field (jkf@???) and is a virus scanning system that deals with
all types of messages inbound on an MTA using Sophos (which costs only
~100GBP per year).

Ta
David
David Hayling, Network Manager,