Re: [Exim] only MX points to 127.0.0.1 !

Autor: Oliver Cook
A: Steve Platt
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] only MX points to 127.0.0.1 !
On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 12:13:48PM +0100, Steve Platt wrote:
> We've started to notice mailing list messages freezing, which seems connected
> with attempts to deliver to an domain name which resolves to the address
> 127.0.0.1 !

Spammers also use this tactic, setting the lowest MX for the domain
specified as the envelope sender to be "127.0.0.1", so that the bounces
end up getting stuck in the queue. Charming.

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???      020 7903 3000 ext. 291