Re: [Exim] split spool directory unwinding

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: j.linn
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] split spool directory unwinding
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, j.linn wrote:

> I have been using a split_spool_directory but exiscan does not support
> this yet.

[Note for readers: exiscan is not a standard Exim utility.]

> It would be easier if, rather than waiting on a clean spool area, I can
> just move all the files in the split directories up one level and remove
> the line from the configuration file.
>
> Would this work?

Yes.

Exim is really clever. If you de-configure split_spool_directory, it
will gradually remove the subdirectories as they empty. Likewise, if you
set the option, Exim will still process the old messages in the top
level directory, but put new ones in the subdirectories. All by itself!