Re: [Exim] Backup MX and host_reject issue

Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: Exim-Users@Exim. Org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Backup MX and host_reject issue
Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey+lists@???> probably said:
> Is it really that useful? After all, if the only MX for your domain is
> down, then stuff should just queue on the sender's system.

I find it useful to be able to queue it up somewhere I control and
then deliver in one batch forcibly afterwards, rather than wait for it
to trickle in. This was especially useful when I had another machine
on a different network than my primary MX.

> I've seen cases where direct to MX spam seems to deliberately goes after
> the back-up MXes, probably for this reason.

As have I, quite a lot of it.

> I really think that you need to control all of the MXes for your domain.
> If that means running with only one MX than that is the way to do it.

Agreed.

> [1] I am, of course, a hypocrit. I control none of the MXes for my
> domain.

I, on the other hand ;) used to be a hypocrit on this matter but now I
control both MXen for my domain and have noticed a significant
improvement on my blocking using RSS and RBL.

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???