Re: [Exim] Mail storage formats/ POP/IMAP/webmail daemon/etc…

Autor: Dave C.
A: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Mail storage formats/ POP/IMAP/webmail daemon/etc..
Well, I went ahead and downloaded the caudium package, and found among
the most recent entries in the CHANGES file the following entry:

- *** Removed CAMAS since it's not stable. Use the 1.1 version if you want
*** to use it (either CVS or a snapshot).

So that would explain why I couldnt find it.. Sigh..

By the way, I have since determined that PHP has the c-client linked in,
and primarily indicates that this is so that it can support IMAP..
However, in some less emphasized areas, it notes that it can access
local file based mail folders as well.. Some tests against an MBX folder
are successfull.. So it looks like since everything that exists sucks, I
may just end up rolling my own. If I end up with anything that isnt a
terrbily ugly hack, I'm sure I'll share it back unto the world of open
source (or anyone here that wants it)

The only issue now is file permission since PHP has no setuid capability
as far as I can tell. I can either run apache as root (which I may just
do, since this will be a sealed system - no shell access, and apache
would be used for no other purpose in this setup), or chgrp/chmod the
mail files to be read/writable by the httpd user..

I also note this is getting Waaayy off topic.. If anyone wants to
suggest some other webmail solutions, please email me off-list..