Re: [Exim] Error in smartuser new address: Why temporary fai…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: michael
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Error in smartuser new address: Why temporary failure?
On 2 Apr 2001 michael@??? wrote:

> rcpt to:<"a<b"@olddomain>

Yuck.

> The last debug messages say:
>
> parse_extract_addresses: a<b@newdomain         <- the domain alias worked fine
> extract item: a<b@newdomain
> d_domainalias director: error for a<b
>   message: error in smartuser new address: '>' missing at end of address in "a<b@newdomain"

> For one, I am puzzled about the double quotes disappearing, for another that a <
> character was fine with the old local part and invalid with the new one.

The quotes disappear because Exim dequotes local parts for internal use,
in accordance with the recommendations in some RFC or other. This means
that, for example, different encodings such as "a<b" and a\<b will be
interpreted as the same local part.

You probably need to make use of ${quote: in your new_address setting.