Re: [Exim] Autoreply which sends no message

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Autoreply which sends no message
On 31-Mar-01 at 11:42:55 Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, John Horne wrote:
>> On 30-Mar-01 at 13:10:33 Philip Hazel wrote:
>> > 1. Put the files on a fileserver that both slave and master can see.
>> > Works for us. (Of course, that's something that needs planning.)
>> >
>> We don't run NIS of any sort so there are no file servers which could be
>> used.
>
> I'm missing something.
> Where do you deliver ?
>
> If delivery occurs on your system, can't you record recipients of the
> vacation message on the delivery filesystem ?

My mistake - I'm meant we don't run NFS, although we don't run NIS either :-)

The mailhubs (generally) route our users mail through to Novell file
servers. However, since they have no 'vacation' facility we provide one for
users via Exim on the mailhubs. So delivery is to file servers, but the
vacation stuff is maintained on the mailhubs.

John.