Re: [Exim] Mail storage formats/ POP/IMAP/webmail daemon/etc…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Dave C.
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Mail storage formats/ POP/IMAP/webmail daemon/etc..
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Dave C. wrote:

> I need to re-implement an ISP mail system for 20,000+ users, I need to
> suppport both POP and IMAP, need a good webmail solution, and also need
> this to be scalable as the userbase grows.

There is a new O'Reilly book on managing IMAP which discusses all of these
issues (and describes lots of things that one can do with IMAP, and how to
actually do them with both cyrus and UW).

> We are currently using Linux with the normal /var/spool/mail berkely
> mailbox format,

That is about the worst (in terms of features and performance) mailbox
format to use. the UW IMAP server only supports it because it "has to".

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html