Re: [Exim] Autoreply which sends no message

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Horne
Cc: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Autoreply which sends no message
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, John Horne wrote:

> Yes, I tried setting 'to' and it was very close to what I wanted. However, in
> the log file it then puts in the 'nobody' address as the To: header, whereas
> I want the original recipient instead.

Well, the "log" option is supposed to log the address to which the
autoreply transport sends the message, which is why you are seeing this
effect. There isn't an option for "log the sender of the original
message whose arrival triggered this autoreply", which seems to be what
you are trying to achieve.

> It may sound picky, but I'm trying to
> get two systems to maintain identical 'log' files without having to do
> something like copy them from one system to another. In that respect one log
> file having the true recipient and the other having the 'nobody' address is
> not identical. Ulitmately it may be something we can live with.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it seems to me as if 'nobody' *is* the
true recipient of the message that the autoreply transport is sending.

Philip