RE: [Exim] frustrating relaying problem

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jordan
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] frustrating relaying problem
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Jordan wrote:

> Ok I've added that, still experiencing the same problems however,
> my "host_accept_relay" line looks like this:
>
> host_accept_relay = +allow_address : lsearch;/etc/relayhosts :
> 216.171.74.112/140

+allow_address isn't recognized by exim.

If you meant +allow_unknown, don't. It's too dangerous.

1. Did you remember to HUP the daemon after changing host_accept_relay?

2. What are the contents of /etc/relayhosts? If it's a list of IP
addresses, you need net-lsearch. Otherwise it searches using host
*names*.