Re: [Exim] Pipes, and transports

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andrew D
A: Jason Robertson, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Pipes, and transports
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 8:23 AM
Subject: [Exim] Pipes, and transports

> I am wondering if you decided yea or nay to the idea of creating a

conditional
> Pipe for deliveries, so you can run a Pipe on a message, and it would

return
> a value, if the value is say 1it delivers, if it's 0 it fails or vice

versa. or also
> another value for temp failures

a pipe is basically a delivery, what it does with it is up to the piped
app/script whether to resend it on or deliver it to a mailbox or whatever.

> This could be nice and useful for spam tests, that run through a perl

script,
> or virus scans. Or allow for routing based on other criteria, such as for
> example delaying delivery to a user, based on time of day, or volume.

This can all be done already with exim the way it is.
ie, system filter, amavis (3rd party virus script), conditions, or even
embedded perl

READ the docs (and not just the spec and filter, but the FAQ, config
samples, etc), you will be quite surprised how powerfull exim is.
Just don't skim them, like I continually do :( and miss the important bits.
This also applies to several other questions I've seen today.

--
The C Programming Language --
A language which combines the flexibility of assembly language