Re: [Exim] Access denied error and retries

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Yann Golanski
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Darren Mackay - Lists, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Access denied error and retries
On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 10:04:30AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> While I agree with the poster who put up some financial arguments, it
> appears that this particular case is troublesome. (Exim's previous
> behaviour please some, not others; Exim's current behaviour has swapped
> over.) There have been previous requests for options along the lines of
> "after an SMTP command xxx treat response nnn as if it were mmm". I will
> think about this general case. If I decide that that is too complicated,
> I will consider at least the simple option "treat 5xx on connection as
> 4xx". Of course, it means that when one of your users mails to a host
> that is never going to do anything other than give 5xx, the message will
> sit on your server until it times out.

I am strongly against that one. If another MTA is broken, then it is not
Exim's job to try to fix it. Once this door has been opended, then there
is no stoping it.

I worked for an ISP in my time, and we had a fair few calls about
customers moaning at us because of things that other ISPs/Companies have
done. One even tried to sue us because they were blocked by ORBS.
However, I found that once you speak to someone high enough in those
companies, things get resolved for the best.

--
                         www.kierun.org
Yann@???                                Use Pretty Good Privacy.