RE: [Exim] Webfrontend for forward and vacation?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bernard Stern
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Webfrontend for forward and vacation?
On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 14:29:10 +0100 Patrick von der Hagen wrote:

> Hi all,

> I'd like my users who don't have shell-access to their mail-server to be
> able to change their forward and vacation using a web-frontend.
> My first thougt how to implement it would be to create a directory "forward/"
> and I'd name the actual forward-files $localpart. I think a transport
> checking for a forward-file and using it should be rather simple. A similar
> setup should handle vacation-messages (C019).
> A look at the FAQ and the config.samples convinced me that the exim-side is
> rather simple and IMHO the frontend-side shouldn't be difficult either.

> However, I think that such a web-frontend probably has been built already,
> so I'd like to ask if someone can give me some hints (what to consider, etc.)
> or could even give me a copy of their frontend using an open license.

Mmmhhh... that's what I'm just doing now! The exim part will be stored
into EXIM_CFG/vacation/USER/ where EXIM_CFG is the path to my exim
config stuff, and USER is the cannonical local part of the user
(cannonical because users may have several aliases). In the
above mentionned directory,
msg -> the file containing the vacation message, which the user
can modify via web interface
log -> the log file, which the user may peer into and delete
via web interface
once-db -> the db where exim keeps track of the sent messages,
opaque to the user
and maybe other files as well to keep a sort of history of
not a first priority.
The director and transport are modified versions of the ones
found in either the spec or the FAQ, I can't remember that.
The exim part already works well, I'm currently working on the
web interface.

> If I have to write a web-frontend as described above myself, I'd publish it
> under GPL and let you know.

> --
> CU,
>    Patrick.
> "Never run on auto-pilot" - The Pragmatic Programmer

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???