[Exim] Test Exim RPMs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Test Exim RPMs
Folks,

I have built and made available a set of exim rpms for 3.22
These are based on a merger of my own rpms and the Red Hat powertools
RPMS.

There are builds for both RH7 and RH6.x (built on up to date RH6.2
system), produced from the same SRPM (however to build the RH6.x system
you must add '--define "rh6 1"' to tbe build line.

The packages are installed into /usr/sbin and are intended to replace
the standard sendmail package. A modified eximconfig is also included
(modified to work with RH paths).

The packages are:-
  exim        - base utilities package excluding the main binary
          you also require one of the mta packages
  exim-doc    - html & pdf documentation
  exim-mon    - exim monitor

The mta packages, of which you need one and one only, are:-
  exim-base    - standard exim build with no external dbs
          (does include file lookups, LDAP & SSL)
  exim-perl    - base + perl support
  exim-mysql    - perl + mysql
  exim-pgsql    - perl + postgresql

I was unable to make the mysql package build on RH62 with the RH62
powertools mysql packages - if someone can fix this I would be most
grateful.

Please consider these packages BETA at present - they are very lightly
tested and the database support is untested.

Other things to note...

 - config file is /etc/exim/exim.conf
    - different to all previous rpms :-(
    - if the package is installed and there is no config file in place
      but an existing config in /etc/exim.conf or /etc/exim/config
      then it is copied into place
 - system_filter.exim - current version installed into /etc/exim

    Nigel.