Re: [Exim] Using local-part suffixes without hard-coding the…

Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Using local-part suffixes without hard-coding the suffix?
Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey+lists@???> probably said:
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Marc Haber wrote:
>
> > I want all mail to user-foo@localdomain to be locally delivered to
> > user user, so that user can sort mail in her own .forward file. If the
> > suffixes are only a limited set of suffixes, this can be done with a
> > director having the suffix option set. But how do I do this for
> > arbitrary values of suffix?
>
> I think that you've misunderstood who suffixes work. What you hardcode is
> the suffix seperatator, and a * can be used (if it is the last character)
> so
>
> suffix = -*
> suffix_optional = true
>
> on your localuser director I think should do what you want.

and there should even be my set of examples for doing this and passing
the suffix on to procmail, passing the suffix through virtual alias
files and lots of other things.

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???