Re: [Exim] Question about the Debian Exim binaries

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Question about the Debian Exim binaries
On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 16:39:11 +0100, Björn Metzdorf
<bm@???> wrote:
>Although unstable has fairly newer versions of exim, I don't think it has
>mysql-support builtin. For complex setups I always compile exim myself,
>putting possible installed exim-packages "on hold" with dpkg.

The clean way would be to use Debian's equiv package to make a fake
package that provides mail-transport-agent, and to run a self-built
exim.

I would, however, try to modify Debian's exim source package to
include whatever I need. later exim packages have a Build-Depends:
line in their control file that shows which packages are needed. Be
aware of DB issues when compiling sid sources on potato [1]!

Greetings
Marc

[1] Basically, ignore the Build-Depends: libdb2-dev in all packages
you build. The libdb2 stuff is included with libc6 on potato.