Re: [Exim] Problem with quote_mysql

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Björn Metzdorf
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem with quote_mysql
On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Björn Metzdorf wrote:

> MYSQL_LOCAL_DOMAINS = SELECT DISTINCT MYSQL_DOMAINFIELD FROM MYSQL_AUTHTABLE
> WHERE MYSQL_USERNAMEFIELD = '\${quote_mysql:$local_part}' AND
> MYSQL_DOMAINFIELD = '${quote_mysql:$domain}' AND MYSQL_ACTIVEFIELD = 'yes'
>
> gives me a
>
> failed to expand mysql query SELECT DISTINCT domain FROM mailaddr WHERE
> username = '${quote_mysql: "${quote_mysql" is not a known operator (or a }
> is missing in a variable reference)

Wait a minute. There's another problem here that I didn't see before.
This is in a "domains" option, right? In that case you need to replace
: by :: because otherwise the splitting up of the string into different
domain items will be incorrect.

At least, I think that might be the problem. (I realized this because it
is quoting only up to the : in the error message.)