Re: [Exim] exim and imap without using /etc/passwd

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Joe Frost
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Evin Robertson
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] exim and imap without using /etc/passwd
> I'm trying to set up email for a few hundred users, but they don't need
> shell accounts and I'd rather not use /etc/passwd to manage their
> accounts. The "features" section of the exim manual says I can set
> things up without creating real accounts, but I haven't found a simple
> explanation of how to do this.
>
> Does someone have a situation similar to mine who would be willing to
> share the relevant parts of their configuration? Or if this is
> explained somewhere, a pointer would also be fine. Info on how to set
> up the IMAP end of it would also be appreciated.

I have a similar setup and use LDAP to store the user details, the
authentication is done with PAM_LDAP and both Exim and Cyrus (IMAP) use
PAM for their authentication. A nice side effect is that you can then
use LDAP as a company wide address book.

Joe