RE: [Exim] Rewriting Headers

Autor: Ben Strawson
A: Nigel.Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Rewriting Headers
> From: Nigel.Metheringham@???
>
> Ben.Strawson@??? said:
> > I need to rewrite the "Content-Type" header in emails to a certain
> > address that pass through one of our MTAs. It needs to be done for
> > one address only in the domain.
>
> If they are using some MTA/MUA which needs Content-Type: rewriting then
> they are beyond help - just shoot them straight away, it would be a
> kindness.

It's the originating software (effectively an MUA); I've requested a fix,
but obviously in the meantime need to put in another solution. I'll shoot
them once they've provided me with a permanent fix ;-)

> Easiest and clearest method (although not the only one), would be to
> set up a router (or director, but you imply they are a remote address
> set), that uses condition to match on that recipient address only. Use
> headers_remove to strip the old Content-Type: and headers_add to put a
> new one on there...

Aha, OK - missed that option. After a bit of messing around I've managed to
get something that works. Thanks for the help - much cleaner and more
efficient that the solution I was looking at before.

> I'd still suggest that a pre-emptive slaughter policy, with a 3 mile
> exclusion zone and burning of the carcases is probably a better option.

They're based in the states - you pay the airfare and I'll light up the
torches ;-)

Thanks, Ben.

Ben Strawson                           Ben.Strawson@???
Good Technology                                       +44 20 7565 8725
332B Ladbroke Grove, London, W10 5AH            www.goodtechnology.com