Re: [Exim] Rewriting Headers

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Ben Strawson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Rewriting Headers
Ben.Strawson@??? said:
> I need to rewrite the "Content-Type" header in emails to a certain
> address that pass through one of our MTAs. It needs to be done for
> one address only in the domain.

If they are using some MTA/MUA which needs Content-Type: rewriting then
they are beyond help - just shoot them straight away, it would be a
kindness.

Easiest and clearest method (although not the only one), would be to
set up a router (or director, but you imply they are a remote address
set), that uses condition to match on that recipient address only. Use
headers_remove to strip the old Content-Type: and headers_add to put a
new one on there...

I'd still suggest that a pre-emptive slaughter policy, with a 3 mile
exclusion zone and burning of the carcases is probably a better option.

    Nigel.