Re: [Exim] Exim 4 config file: opinions sought

Autor: Roger Burton West
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 config file: opinions sought
On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 11:19:12AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:

>There is a reason for having the "main" section first (for some command
>line options, such as -bp, -Mxxx, -bi, Exim doesn't read any further).
>However, there are no constraints on the rest. One possible way of doing
>this would be to abolish the "end" delimiter, and instead have lines
>such as "begin acl", "begin transports" and so on, with no required
>order. How does that sound?

Adding a late 2p-worth from a small-system admin:

- the simpler the better
- the fewer traps for the unwary the better

So main first, then blocks in any order introduced by "begin" is ideal;
or main first, blocks in a fixed order would be fine. I don't really
mind what the order is, because I don't generate configuration files
from scratch; rather, I modify a standard(-ish) config, which is
copiously commented.

Roger