Re: AW: [Exim] Exim 4 config file: opinions sought

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philipp Gimm
CC: Philip Hazel, Yann Golanski, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: AW: [Exim] Exim 4 config file: opinions sought
philipp@??? said:
> How about standard ini format?

No, please not that.

If you want to go for that sort of organization then going for a
complete parser would seem better - going basically bind 8/9 like

main {

}

transports {
    smtp {
        # smtp defs
    }
}

ph10@??? said:
> Unless lots of people feel that this is an especially good idea, I
> don't really see the need to introduce syntax that involves a special
> character (the square brackets). Is the idea that it makes it stand
> out?

I quite like the idea of bracketing sections - makes it possible to use
syntax sensitive editors and do fast checks on things. However the ini
format does not support that at all.

    Nigel.