RE: [Exim] Exim 4 config file: opinions sought

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bernard Stern
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Exim 4 config file: opinions sought
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:19:12 +0000 (GMT) Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Yann Golanski wrote:

>> However, why have an order at all? Why not have sections that are
>> delimited with some tag or other. Would that break anything?

> You are the second person to make such a point (the other person did so
> off the list) within a very short time of my asking, so it must be a
> good idea. :-)

> There is a reason for having the "main" section first (for some command
> line options, such as -bp, -Mxxx, -bi, Exim doesn't read any further).
> However, there are no constraints on the rest. One possible way of doing
> this would be to abolish the "end" delimiter, and instead have lines
> such as "begin acl", "begin transports" and so on, with no required
> order. How does that sound?

That sound awfully nice :-))

I'm in favour of this way. Else your proposal 3 (from previous mail)
would also be ok.

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???