Re: [Exim] MX records

Author: Peter Galbavy
To: Dibun, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] MX records
Firstly, I would suggest you read the documentation and the FAQ. These can
be found under http://www.exim.org/

Secondly, I am not quite clear on which "hostnames" have MX records. The
general way to do this (WRT DNS) is to have the lowest MX record pointing to
the *name* of the mail server and then in the exim configuration to list all
the virtual domains on the local_domains line:

DNS:

    example.com.        5 MX mailserver.example.net.
    example.org.        5 MX mailserver.example.net.
    example.net.        5 MX mailserver.example.net.

    mailserver.example.net.    A    192.168.1.1

EXIM:

    local_domains = example.com : example.org : example.net :
mailserver.example.net

rgds,
--
Peter Galbavy