Re: [Exim] Two questions (solved ?)

Autor: Craig Sprout
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Two questions (solved ?)
Robert Gomulka wrote:
> I cannot base my relay-check on IP or hostnames, because my company provides
> mail for many people.
> In the future I plan to implement SMTP AUTH command - is it hard to configure
> in exim?

If you are hosting mail for these folks, you can use pop-before-smtp to
set up temporary relays.

I have accomplished this using "DRAC" (Dynamic Relay Access Control).
If a POP/IMAP client authenticates, drac will add that ip address for
relaying, and expire it after 10 minutes.

http://mail.cc.umanitoba.ca/drac/

This will take some tweaking of your pop/imap daemons, but those are
pretty fully covered at the site.

If you need specific help, or more information on this, I would be glad
to help. Feel free to email me privately.

--
Craig Sprout
Network Administrator