Re: [Exim] virtual host problems

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Oliver Cook
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Dibun
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] virtual host problems
On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 03:39:23AM -0800, Dibun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Redhat 7.0 and recently switched to
> exim from sendmail and there are 20 virtual domains
> running on the web server.I have created a domains.dbm
> file in /etc/mail which listed all the domains hosted
> on the server and each domain aliases file listing
> whom the mail has to be sent.When i tired to send mail
> the mail got frozen and it logs an error saying
>
> R=lookuphost defer (-1): lowest numbered MX record
> points to local host.I can'nt find any doc to help me
> out of this problem.
>
> Please let me know if somebody can solve this problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arunav Mandal.
> Oslo, Norway.

You need to let exim know that those domains are to be
considered local.

Something like:

local_domains = dbm;/etc/mail/domains.dbm

ought to do the trick.

Don't forget to HUP your daemon.

To flush the frozen mail once you've sorted the problem you
can do: /path/to/exim -qff

I hope that's of some use.

Ollie
--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???      020 7903 3000 ext. 291