Re: [Exim] Please help me understand these headers

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: hanasaki
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Please help me understand these headers
* [hanasaki on 16/03/01 12:37 -0600]

> The below headers are from an email in the "new" folder of my Maildir
> directory. Email is currently being forwarded to this account using a
> ".forward" on another machine. The main thing I wish to understand is
> the bounce information. Email seems to be coming to the inbox without

> >From bounce-debian-user=hanasaki=microlink.net@??? Fri Mar

This? RTFM about VERP in mailing list managers. This variable return path
helps a listserver (in this case, whatever's running on lists.debian.org -
gnu/mailman I suppose) process bouncing addresses and auto-unsubscribe dead
addresses.

    -s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org