Re: [Exim] Filter as a Filter

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Padraic Renaghan
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Filter as a Filter
On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Padraic Renaghan wrote:

> >From my reading of the Exim Filter documentation, I can't
> figure out how to setup Exim to act like what I call a
> "filter". Meaning, take the message prior to delivery,
> pipe to a command on STDIN, and accept the message back
> on STDOUT.

There is no feature to do this.

> My reading of the Exim filters seemed to indicate that
> a "pipe" command used in a filter is considered a delivery,
> and thereofore the message is not accepted back from STDOUT.

Correct. If you want to send the message back, you must fire up another
Exim process and feed the message back to it. This kind of approach is
commonly used for virus scanning. (Of course, you have to ensure that
the message doesn't go round and round in a loop.) See FAQ Q0823.