[Exim] Quick Start guide?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Quick Start guide?
We have been seeing a lot of questions on the list lately that seem to
be of a rather basic nature, for which the answer is 'RTFM'. I suspect
that some people may not be in a frame to read the spec file becuase
they are on tight on time, and the spec file is rather large (as it
should be, since it is the definitive authority on the entire thing)

I'm wondering if a 'Quick Start' sort of guide to the config file would
be useful - that would point out the main sections of the file, incude a
brief description of each and the most common/default entries used
therein that someone on a busy schedule could use to quickly get up to
speed on the overall concepts of the config. It would not go into great
detail, but could refer the reader to specific sections of the full spec
for further information. (with short summaries of some of the features
to motivate a reader to go to the spec - such as, a mention of several
of the various types of DB lookups available, but without any
information on how to actually use them)

A primary goal would be to keep it as short and consise as possible.
(And yes, I am volunteering to write it if such a thing doesnt already
exist, and am soliciting contributions as well ;)