Re: [Exim] High amount of exim processes.

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Thorkild Stray
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] High amount of exim processes.
On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 06:08:20PM +0100,
Thorkild Stray <thorkild@???> is thought to have said:

> I have limited the max amount of connections to 140, and maximum 2
> queue runners.
>
> Even though, I end up with something like 700 running exims.
>
> Any ideas why?
>
> (The machine is being hit rather hard, Linux 2.2.19pre11)

Run "exiwhat" to see what they're all doing.

If the system is responsible for local delivery as well, it may be that
they're all delivery processes that start up when a new message is
received.

If that's the case, you could use "queue_only" and start a queue runner
frequently to not cause a heavy impact on your disk I/O from large volumes
of incoming mail.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality