Re: [Exim] Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender…

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender (fwd)
Alexey Promokhov rearranged electrons thusly:

> A message was written about one hour ago. I'm just connected to ISP and
> tried to send it. But modem connection was unstable due to poor line
> quality. And the message has been bounced. But why? This error is really
> temporary, not permanent.

You composed the message when offline and exim keeps trying to resend it,
fails. It's just telling you that the mail is stuck in your queue four hours
after you sent it.

> I'm using the default retry configuration.

You might want to increase the queue interval of exim

    -s
--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org