Re: [Exim] Need to do something a little silly

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Brian Candler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Need to do something a little silly
> OK, basically I need to be able to arbitrarily pick an mbox, take all the
> messages inside it, and deliver those messages by SMTP to a remote machine.
> The IP of the remote machine will be dynamic (there are other mechanisms to
> kick this off).

I've just been playing with a program which does this for Maildirs (rather
than mboxes), by qmail's Dan Bernstein:
http://cr.yp.to/serialmail.html - requires http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp.html

It picks the envelope from Return-Path: and Delivered-To: headers. To make
it work with exim you need to patch it to use Return-path: and Envelope-to:
respectively (note that it's case sensitive!) Furthermore, if the SMTP
server to which it is delivering gives a 5xx response, it tries to bounce it
by invoking "qmail-queue" which obviously doesn't exist on an exim system
:-)

It's patchable (see below), but I wonder now whether it might be simpler
just to write a perl script which extracts the envelope headers and passes
the message back to exim with a different config file...

Brian.