Re: [Exim] Non root operation

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Theo E. Schlossnagle
Para: Mathew Johnston
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Non root operation
Mathew Johnston wrote:
> The only problem that I forsee, is that exim
> will still want to be able to assume a different
> euid for delivery. Therefore, I'm proposing a
> configuration option in the config file that lets
> you tell exim to do everything under it's own user's
> uid, and not change at all.

This may not directly relate, but there is no reason that exim needs to
delivery mail unde rthe euid of the user it is delivering to. In fact, there
is no reason that a "user" has to exist in the system. We have a setup that
runs off Exim+Cyrus+PAM/Mysql. So the users exist in mysql and Cyrus and the
"system" never sees them and they don't even have UIDs.

Granted this isn't exactly what you are trying to do, but you can choose what
uid/gid the mail is delivered under with the user= and group= configuration
options. So just choose the same user and group that the exim instance is
running under and it shouldn't change.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/A8EBCF8F/13BD 8C08 6BE2 629A 527E 2DC2 72C2 AD05 A8EB CF8F