[Exim] large scale exim/mail system

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philipp Gimm
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] large scale exim/mail system
Hi,

we happened to slip into a situation (which I personally don't really like,
though it's actually an interesting challenge) - however, here we are - and
I know, that this is only 1/2 correct place to ask for (and also been
looking the archives up and down...).

Anyways:
We have to get a mail environment up and running ASAP.

    * currently 600.000 emails per day
    * 200.000 users/email addresses, single domain environment
    * the system must be scalable to support 800.000 users
    * authentication/lookup via some sort of db (not decided which yet)

- I personally feel Exim to be the right decision on the SMTP side of
things.
- I don't really feel comfortable with the POP3 side yet. Qpopper? Is
Qpopper LX really that much better? However, Qpopper is the only POP3 server
I can *really* talk about...

to get back to topic:
I'm completly lost with the Hardware thingy... (ever talked to a salesman,
asking for some sort of advice from that company, and all he comes up with
is "no problem, Sun Server, Storage System, Giga-"everything". ...hrm, lets
say 8.000.000 US$. when do you want to sign?") grrrr.....

Does anyone have any experience with this, or have any hints on where to
look? Any sorts of hints are more than welcome... and I'd probably also pay
for it... (no, I wouldn't the budget is too low... )

well, obviously I'd prefer the *free* option ;) so... all sorts of hints and
advice is welcome!

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

Regards,

Philipp