Re: [Exim] Where do you find what other packages are require…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark Baker
A: Tamas TEVESZ
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Where do you find what other packages are required?
On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 04:08:34PM +0100, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> now that we're on topic... is it just me, or exim (3.22 at least,
> don't really remember any earlier version) really can't be compiled
> without pam on linux systems ? what i have here is debian potato,
> took the 3.22 sources and debian diffs from a deb mirror, __yes i did
> customize the customize the makefile__, removed the pam support,
> and voila. the exim binary is linked to libpam and doesn't even
> compile without the pam devel stuff. (i'm absolutely positive that the
> makefile i modified, in its final form, doesn't have any reference to
> pam).
>
> what am i missing here (not that it'd matter too much, i'm mostly
> curious) ?

What you are probably missing is that the build for the debian package
starts off by rebuilding the Local/Makefile file from src/EDITME by
applying a diff (debian/editme-diff if I remember rightly).

So just creating a Makefile file and editing it won't do anything. Either
edit the diff (this can be confusing, but probably fairly easy just to turn
off PAM), or edit the debian/rules file so it skips that step.