[Exim] Need to do something a little silly

Author: Paul Robinson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Need to do something a little silly
Hi,

This isn't 100% exim related, but figured you guys are as likely to know as
anybody else. The following assumes exim and qpopper working with mailboxes in
the form domainname/username in /var/spool/virtual_mail (I'm doing lookups in
MySQL).

OK, basically I need to be able to arbitrarily pick an mbox, take all the
messages inside it, and deliver those messages by SMTP to a remote machine. The
IP of the remote machine will be dynamic (there are other mechanisms to kick
this off).

Originally I considered wirting something in Perl using Mail::Box and Net::SMTP
but then realised my headers would get lost if I wasn't careful. I'm just up for
ideas on how to deliver a message after exim has considered it delivered.
Without loosing POP3 functionality. Has anybody tried doing anything like this
at all?

Does it sound sensible to pick up the mbox, rip out the info, add some more
headers and tell exim to deliver mail to machine 'X' regardless of what the MX
for that domain says? Or am I going mad?

--
| Paul Robinson - Technical Director @ Akitanet - http://www.akita.co.uk |

| T:+44 (0) 161 228 6388 F:+44 (0) 161 228 6389 E: paul@??? |