RE: [Exim] db.h not found??

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Karl Schmidt
Para: exim-users
Assunto: RE: [Exim] db.h not found??
See KPS below....

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Karl Schmidt wrote:

> Exim is supposed to work with gdbm which I have version 1.8.0-5 plus the
> development package of the same version.

The last gdbm I tested with was 1.7.3.

> I get the following complain doing a make:
>
> gcc -c -O    -I. dummies.c
> gcc -c -O    -I. spool_in.c
> In file included from exim.h:332,
>                  from spool_in.c:11:
> dbfn.h:107:16: db.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [spool_in.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/exim-3.22/build-Linux-i386'
> make: *** [go] Error 2

Version 1.7.3 used gdbm.h and ndbm.h, not db.h. What settings have you
got in your Local/Makefile?
[KPS] I'll attach it
You must NOT set USE_DB for gdbm.
[KPS] I didn't - but look at:

rpm -qa | grep db1
db1-1.85-4
db1-devel-1.85-4

and

rpm -qa | grep gdb
gdbm-1.8.0-5
gdbm-devel-1.8.0-5
xxgdb-1.12-16
gdb-5.0-7

and

rpm -qa | grep db3
db3-3.1.14-6

The last one is the Berkley db. It appears there is more than one data base
available - this is a standard Redhat7- distribution. Any help here will be
deeply appreciated.

What is the syntax of USE_DB ? is it USE_DB=yes ?

Once I get this up and running I will have an Exim-3.22-1 RPM for RH7. Worst
part of making an RPM is the userid - it must be selected at compile time -
I chose 79 - hopping it won't interfere with anything.